And the winner of the Goose Island CrossFit Nutrition Challenge is...
Kate followed the elimination track for our nutrition challenge and killed it! She stuck to the challenge guidelines (almost) perfectly and her results speak for themselves:
- Increased her barbell complex weight from 110 lbs to 120 lbs
- Increased her speed on her test workout (75 Burpees to Target) and shaved over a minute off her time, moving from 7:55 to 6:41.
- Lost 8 lbs of body fat
- Gained 6 lbs of muscle
We're really proud of Kate, and she is the proud winner of one free month of unlimited CrossFit.
Kate was closely followed by Kayla Youngren, who had the top score for our nutrition timing track. Kate and Kayla were neck and neck throughout the entire challenge. Their compliance with the challenge guidelines were practically identical. In fact, to show you how close it was, here are Kayla's stats.
- Increased her barbell complex weight from 110 lbs to 112 lbs
- Improved her 75 Burpees to Target time from an already impressive time of 6:00 to 5:03.
- Lost 7 lbs of body fat
- Gained 5 lbs of muscle
So don't for get to congratulate Kayla "Queen of Food Timing" Youngren as well for her great work.
Finally, an honorable mention goes out to Mark (Carrot) Odden, who not only participated in the nutrition challenge and worked out consistently while sporting a broken wrist, but he also made eating healthy sound absolutely delicious.
Here's what Mark was eating:
- Italian Stir Fry with Chicken, chicken pesto sausage, green peppers, spinach, snow peas, green beans and homemade (cheese free) pesto.
- Egg scrambles with Chorizo, tomatoes, red peppers and spinach
- Lemon Paprika Pork with Green Beans, Zucchini, Green Peppers and Almonds
- Beef Stew with Carrots, Celery, Potatoes, Onions and Green Peppers
If you missed this challenge, or it was a bust for you, read our last blog, talk to these people, and make a plan for what your next steps need to be as you pursue health and nutrition!